Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gallery visit


Despite the snow and ice of this wintry weekend I made it over to The Gallery on Main in downtown Sullivan yesterday for the first time.

Harold Medsker met us at the door and invited us to take our time looking around and shared several stories about his and his wife's experience as gallery owners so far.

We recognized several of the artists, but some I didn't know. So I asked about them. We enjoyed hearing some information about the artists' ties to Sullivan County as we walked through.

The art includes pottery, metal, wood, jewelry, glass, paintings, photography and more. It was neat to see who created what.

Just in the short amount of time The Gallery has been open they have had quite a bit of turnover in the pieces. That tells me this is a place I'll want to make a habit of visiting.

For times and events go to their Web site at http://www.galleryonmainllc.com/. Maybe I'll see you there next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment