Friday, October 15, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Huff











Two high school sweethearts exchanged rings and promised themselves to each other forever in an unforgettable outdoor ceremony as the sun set over the trees on Sept. 25. The bride looked like a princess and the groom was handsome in his black tux, white tie and shades of orange boutonniere.

Hundreds of family and friends watched as Bryce Huff and Karissa Roberts married their best friend.

Eddie Hammond pronounced them husband and wife and everyone moved to the giant tent decorated in shades of white, brown and orange. Huge paper lanterns hung from the tent ceiling and wildflowers, mason jar candles, candy and snacks filled each table. Guests danced and partied until the next morning.

I must admit I had to fight back happy tears. I've watched Karissa and her sister, Kelsey, grow from cute and smart blonde-haired little girls to beautiful, amazing and happy women. I have gotten to know Bryce and his family a little better each year at the Sullivan County 4-H Fair and other community events. A fun and hard-working family.

I'm so proud of Bryce and Karissa's accomplishments and the wonderful people they've become. Their love is evident. The way they look at each other and the fun they have together is inspiring.

It was an honor to photograph this special day that often had me trying to step back from the camera to enjoy the amazing moments experienced by people I love.

Congratulations Bryce and Karissa! May your troubles be less and your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness come through your door.

3 comments:

  1. It was a gorgeous wedding and these are two of the sweetest people I know! Congrats Bryce and Karissa, and great photos Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos, Cheryl! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for everything on their special day, and all the days/years before. I truly believe it does take a village to raise a child, and you have been such an important part of our "village" for so many years (that I can't even remember how long!). For all the love and pride that I have for my girls and the women they have become, know that you have been a very important part of who they are today! Thanks for giving/sharing your friendship, support, perspective, passion, and fun! Love ya! ~ Terri

    ReplyDelete